Don't end the summer clueless about Social Security!
July 8-10, 2005
The SOCIAL SECURITY ACADEMY takes you beyond the politicized coverage and puts Social Security in a broader context texamine the diverse roles of the program and thighlight current key issues. Topics include:
- What is Social Security's role for people under thirty?
- What social and economic conditions led tthe creation of Social Security?
- What is the Social Security problem and what would it take tfix it?
- What are the pros and cons of individual accounts?
- What dpolls tell us about the people's views on Social Security?
- How can you enhance your ability tengage in informed discussions about Social Security?
The SOCIAL SECURITY ACADEMY features prominent guest speakers, expert panels and interactive activities, plus plenty of networking opportunities!
When: Friday evening, July 8 through Sunday evening, July 10. (Friday reception, Saturday lunch and reception, Sunday brunch).
Where: All activities will be held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, 2500 Calvert Street, NW, Washington, DC. The closest metrstop is Adams-Morgan/Woodley Park-Zoon the red line.
2500 Calvert Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007