All active Academy Members are invited to attend the 2018 annual meeting of the National Academy of Social Insurance. Join colleagues and members of the Board of Directors at the National Press Club in Washington, DC on Monday, January 29, at 3:30 PM, as we review the Academy’s activities and look towards tackling the challenges ahead.
Immediately following this annual membership meeting, Members are invited to join the opening reception for the Academy's 30th annual policy research conference, Nonstandard Work & Social Insurance: Designing Risk Protections for a Changing Workforce, free-of-charge. The reception will also take place at the National Press Club from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
The opening reception will feature a roundtable discussion on the National Commission on Social Security Reform, commonly known as The Greenspan Commission, and the 1983 Social Security Amendments that resulted from the Commission’s work. A panel of Academy Members who were directly involved with the Commission will discuss their perspectives then and now on Social Security funding and policy for workers in alternative employment arrangements. Panelists include:
- Nancy Altman, aide to Chairman Alan Greenspan
- Larry Atkins, aide to Senator John Heinz, Commission Member
- Suzanne Blouin, aide to Robert Myers, Commission Staff Director
- Steve Goss, Social Security Administration liaison to the Commission
- Eric Kingson, Commission Staff
- Bruce Schobel, aide to Robert Myers
- Moderator: William Arnone, Chief Executive Officer, National Academy of Social Insurance
If you haven’t registered for the full conference yet, don’t forget to take advantage of the discounted Member rate and Colleague Coupon. More information available here.
529 14th Street, NW
First Amendment Room
Washington, DC 20045