The Impact of Disparities on Families, Communities and the Nation: A Conversation on Policy Solutions
A Members-Only Audio Conference Series of the National Academy of Social Insurance on November 18, 2015
A members-only opportunity to be briefed on -- and provide input to -- a major new theme of the Academy’s work: how disparities in income, wealth and opportunity are impacting people’s lives and society as a whole, and how social insurance programs, broadly conceived, can best respond. This audio conference will feature a talk show-style conversation between the co-chairs of the 2016 annual policy research conference, David Colby, Kilolo Kijakazi, and Maya MacGuineas and will offer members the chance to engage with the co-chairs and each other on this topic.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 2:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Central / 12:00pm Mountain / 11:00am Pacific
- Welcome: Gerry Shea, Senior Advisor to the Board
- David Colby, Independent Consultant
- Kilolo Kijakazi, Urban Institute
- Maya MacGuineas, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Moderator: Mark Miller, Reuters and Retirement Revised
Pre-registration is required.
Forthcoming audio conferences from the National Academy of Social Insurance:
- Thursday, December 3, 2015, 1:00pm-2:00pm. Co-chairs of a new Academy study, “Medicaid as a Critical Lever in Building a Culture of Health” will discuss the broad trend to make community/population health a primary focus in health policy and health services.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 1:00pm-2:00pm, “Is Unemployment Insurance Meeting the Needs of People Hit by Growing Economic Disparities?”