Do you know what Social Security is or how it works? Have you ever wondered why, whenever there is a discussion about the nation’s debt and deficits, Social Security becomes a part of the conversation? Can we improve Social Security benefits for the vulnerable individuals who need it most? Would you like to know if, how, or when Social Security might run out of money?
The answers will surprise you.
For answers to these questions and more, join the National Academy of Social Insurance and over 100 interns, students, and young professionals for this free, day-long event to learn the ins and outs of Social Security, and how the program—and the debate about the future of the program—affects young Americans.
Attendees will gain a better understanding of the challenges facing the White House and Congress as they work to modify Social Security. The event will also feature prominent guest speakers, expert panels, and interactive activities, plus opportunities for networking.
- Why is Social Security Important? And Why is it Important to Young People?
- Social Security: How Does it Work?
- Social Security: How Big is the Financing Problem, and How Can We Pay for What We Want?
- The Intern Solution For Social Security
- Unfiltered: Straight Talk on Social Security
Barbara Jordan Conference Center
1330 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005