Join us in honoring Alicia H. Munnell, Peter F. Drucker Professor of Management Sciences and Director of the Center for the Retirement Research at Boston College, as the 2009 recipient of the Robert M. Ball Award for Outstanding Achievements in Social Insurance.
Each year, the Robert M. Ball award is presented to an individual whose recent work has made a significant impact on the U.S. social insurance system. Selection Criteria:
- Innovation in changing, education about or otherwise furthering public understanding and informed policymaking in a specific area of social insurance; and
- Effectiveness in deepening public understanding, fostering collaboration, informing policy, implementing policy, or teaching others about social insurance.
The award is named in honor of Robert M. Ball, Commissioner of Social Security from 1962 to 1973, who has been the single most influential individual in advancing American social insurance programs for 60 years. Ball founded the National Academy of Social Insurance (NASI) in 1986 and continued to advise presidential administrations and policy-makers and write on Social Security, Medicate, national health insurance and welfare until his death in January 2008 at the age of 93.
Previous winners of the Robert M. Ball Award:
- (2008) Peter A. Diamond, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- (2007) Henry Aaron, Brookings Institution
- (2006) Monroe Berkowitz, Rutgers University
- (2005) Bruce C. Vladeck, Ernst & Young
- (2004) Stephen C. Goss, Social Security’s Chief Actuary
For a complete list of the benefits of sponsoring the 2009 Robert M. Ball Award Reception, review the Sponsorship Benefits List. If you prefer to respond via fax or snail mail, simply print out the Response Form and either fax it or snail mail it to the NASI office.
NASI is a 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law less the fair market value of the goods and services provided. Receipts will be mailed following the event.
529 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20045
|One ticket||$ 125.00|